Minify Js, CSS and HTML in Magento
Making a website faster has always been high on any web developer or site administrator's list of things to do. A faster site means a better customer experience, which brings better profits and these days, a better Google ranking. To help our clients achieve this, we decided to build Opti.
Speed up the Magento Admin
Minify JS, HTML & CSS Reviews
Have Your Say...
If you have used Minify JS, HTML & CSS and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review below.
- MikeExcellent extension. It really helped reduced page load speed times from around 3.5s down to low 2s. Also pushed up GTMetrix scores. Installed easily for a novice and an initial conflict was quickly looked into and sorted by Ben. Highly recommend the extension and Ben. Cheers, Mike.
- Tom De GreziaThis is an excellent extension that substantially increased site performance. Was simple to install and configure and received immediate support for an unforeseen conflict that was quickly solved. This is my 6th extension from Fishpig with all properly functioning on version 184.108.40.206. Highly recommend!
- PetraEasy setup, works like a charm!
- NathanI tried a few different extensions before finding Opti. Some were free some were commercial. None of them were as easy to use and as effective as this one.
As for the free ones out there, you'll find you'll need to manually click a button in the admin to minify your JS. And on occasion if the JS cache is cleared, you will not get notified that you must again click that button. It's a super hassle that costs you ratings with Google's PageSpeed since Googlebot will not email you and let you know... hey, you were minified before but something happened. Did you forget to click that button?
As for the commercial options out there, they require you to install Java and/or some other library on your server. I frankly did not have much luck with them. Some of the companies also add a bunch of cruft to your Admin UI. You know what I'm taking about. Some hot yellow link right there in your main Admin navigation that screams for attention every time you enter your Admin. I personally find that very annoying.
Opti is not like that at all. For one thing, it's tucked away very elegantly in the Admin configuration section. It's plug and play. No real configuration needed. No need to install special libraries on your server.
Opti is also completely automated. No need to click any buttons periodically to run the optimization. It is designed to always check and optimize if needed.
Worth also mentioning that Opti will minify JS, CSS, and HTML. Plus, it will move your JS and CSS to the bottom of the page (a process called deferring JS / CSS). Most others will do some of these things, but not all.
And finally, Opti's algorithm is far better than other extensions I've tried. The minification is very condensed. All superfluous white space / line breaks are removed.
Great extension and I highly recommend it!
- Siddharth MaheshwariExcellent extension, Flawless implementation.
A thousand thanks to FishPing for Minify JS, HTML & CSS.
- DanExcellent products. Excellent Developer.
Opti is plug and play. We use Opti in combination with Bolt & NoBots - really fast Trio :-)
Thank You Ben!
- JagMust have extension which will improve page speed scores.
- Jeremy SIlvaThis is my default purchase for ANY Magento site, old or new. Ben's support is legendary and even with this sheer complexity involved with minification, this plugin delivers excellent results.
- Tony O'RourkeBrilliant service and results
- Peter Symonds - Display WizardEasy to use and does exactly what it says on the tin!
- JasonOpti just works. Install it, refresh your cache and your files will be at their smallest possible size. You can then sit back and enjoy having a faster site.
- DaveWorks great out of the box.
- Ricky Banks - Apex SuppliesI had a few problems with installation as there was another extension using the same files but Ben helped me and we had everything up and running within an hour. Great service and a very non-intrusive extension.
- TomSo easy to install - 2 seconds to setup. Pageload time is faster on the frontend AND backend which is so nice.
- TimAn invisible and invaluable plugin. The source code is compressed and running smoothly. I use Amazon's CloudFront CDN along with Bolt, Opti and SmushIt all work well together.
- andyI installed Opti onto my Magento store and was very happy with the results. Ben is also a top bloke - I have fired various questions over to him and he's been very responsive to answers. The "grouping" functionality is very good and I'm steadily going through all of my JS files to try and combine as many as I can.
- Sean LiBen has been the most amazing developer we've ever worked with. He is extremely responsive from beginning to end (even while on vacation!). This extension on top of Bolt has shown some incredible results. The default Magento Minify and Combine JSS/CS are just broken beyond belief (we're on 220.127.116.11) but Opti has done what no other extensions we've tested with can. Ben even went out of his way to work with our CDN to implement MaxCDN solutions to work with Opti. He really goes above and beyond with customer service.
Honestly, just buy it, see what it does to your site and you'll be a believer. You can webpagetest.org our site at www.xenonsupply.com to see the results for yourself.
- AlexUsing Opti to minify and combine .js and .css files, which reduces pages load time. Opti worked right out of the box without conflicts and special configuration with many other Magento extensions installed in the store. Had some questions about its functions and author quickly answered to them. Also I recommend this extension because it includes free updates for life!
- NickBought Opti while purchasing Bolt. Not quite sure if we needed it but have worked with Ben and Fishpig several times before and have always been pleased with their solutions and service. Wanted to be able to address our site speed with one vendor. Site noticeably faster with Bolt/Opti extensions.
- Shawn JI am using OPTI as well as BOLT, and both these plugins have increased the speed of our website tremendously. The performance of this plugin is incredible, and FIshpig has the best support!
- Dan FI'm using Opti in combination with FishPig's other extensions Bolt and Smush.it. The combination of these three extensions has dramatically increased my site speed and usability. FIshPig has been great to work with also and very responsive to any questions.
- abeI love minify code and never get an extension to do this well. Opti is easy to use and install and makes a difference for me. My site is faster and it only took 5 mins to make it so
- MarkAfter requesting dynamic block caching, Ben kindly added this in for me. I prefer this to full page caching as it means I can only cache the blocks that affect performance and still include dynamic blocks on every page.
The extension was easy to install and my site was noticeably faster instantly,
- MoSimple extension but great results. Thanks piggy!
- WoodFloors!We supply hard wood flooring at (-link-removed-) and stock 1000's of different floor styles. This extension allowed us to keep growing our site without increasing our server resources and was easy to install.
- Jon S LewisThis fabulous extension has improved my site's response time and decreased page load time by a factor of 3!
This will have a great affect on my conversaion rate and organic search engine positioning
- rasmusopti is nice and easy to install and my site is faster
- StevenAnother useful extension from Fishpig that does exactly what it says on the tin! My site is on shared hosting and was thinking of moving to a VPS but now I dont have to
Documentation & Support
- Exclude Tags From Being Moved or MinifiedExclude script, style and link tags from being minified and moved to the bottom.