Have Your Say...
If you have used iBanners and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review below.
- Sarkadi AdamNot perfect, but pretty solid, and a lightning fast support.
4.5/5 actually, but there are no half stars :)
- Nice extension - espcially since it's free.Great extensions, enables us to add slides and banners on the side and give the customer the ability to edit them without tounching the code.
- Louis WalchGreat free extension, but the JS causes errors if you try to turn on the "Combine JS into one file" option in Magento.
- AnastasiaGreat!! Thank you..
- GlitchThis is a great extension but I have some suggestions for improvement.
- In case of a multistore Magento installation let the user select multiple stores for a single group instead of one store per group.
- Let users select categories on which a banner group should appear
- Let users select CMS pages on which a banner group should appear.
- TzWorks fine on 1.7
Easy to install and to use
- krishana singhNice extension
- JasonI just installed on 1.7 Community using magneto Connect and it works fine.
- Simon DenversInstalled straight onto 220.127.116.11 through Magento Connect with no problems and works fine for me.
- Rich1000After searching and trying about 10 other home page slider banner extensions that did not work very well, I found Fishpigs. Works GREAT!
Although I had to manually install everything (likely had permissions issues in my magento). I pulled the tar.gz file and dropped in properly.
Very nice admin and easy to understand. Nice effects. Thanks!
- ozthunderstormJust installed on 18.104.22.168 and works fine. Basic easy to use banner slider thet does what it says. Good job Dev.
- cochWorks greatly well out of the box in magento 22.214.171.124. Very useful extension!
Instead of having static images on your Magento site that need to be changed via FTP, it is recommend to use the iBanners extension to make the image manageable via the Magento Admin.
Create an Image using iBanners
First you will need to create a new image and a group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select CMS > iBanners > Manage Groups from the Magento Admin navigation and then select 'Add New'.
- Fill out the form to create a new group. Be sure to remember the value you enter in the 'code' field, as this is the value you will use to load your image onto your Magento front end.
- Select CMS > iBanners > Manage Banners from the Magento Admin navigation and then select 'Add New'.
- Fill out as many fields as required and select save. Be sure to select the group you just created from the field labelled 'Group'.
For this example, let's say we have created a banner group with the code of 'test_image'.
Place the image on your Magento front end
Now you have successfully created a new image using iBanners and a new group to load the image. Using the example above (with test_image as the banner group code), the following layout XML could be used to add it to the left column of all of your Magento front end pages.
<default> <reference name="content"> <block type="ibanners/view" name="ibanners.test" template="ibanners/default.phtml"> <action method="setGroupCode"><group_code>test_image</group_code></action> </block> </reference> </default>
This code above will need to go in one of your layout XML files or in a custom layout update field in the Magento Admin. Where you put this depends entirely on your situation.
For this image to display, you will need to refresh your Magento cache.