Magento Blog Extension
WordPress Integration for Magento eCommerce is a free Magento extension that works with all versions of Magento Community and Magento Enterprise. The aim behind the extension has always been to create an easy to install extension (no core file modifications) that mimics the functionality of WordPress while being fully integrated into Magento and the Magento theme.
WordPress Integration Features
This list isn't complete but contains many of the popular features of WordPress Integration.
- Free to use and easy to install via Magento Connect. This extension requires no core file modification like other Magento/ WordPress Integration extensions.
- Full integration of all WordPress entities (posts, pages, categories, archives, tags, links etc)
- You can install WordPress and Magento in the same database or in separate databases; it's entirely upto you.
- Integrate an existing WordPress blog and keep the same URL's, meaning your SEO will not be negatively affected.
- Save yourself time and money by using your Magento theme for your WordPress blog.
- Associate Magento products with WordPress posts and use custom shortcodes in WordPress to display Magento products alongside your WordPress blog posts.
- Automatically login to the WordPress Admin from the Magento Admi with one click.
- Automatically create blog RSS feeds and Google XML sitemaps
- Add custom META and page title information using WordPress SEO (Yoast SEO) or All in One SEO
Have Your Say...
If you have used Magento WordPress Integration and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review by clicking here.
- Alistair Fletcher | eCommerceITI've installed this onto a number of Magento installations and the process has been pain-free. Its well written and very customisable once you've read the online documentation and saves hours of work if you want your Wordpress blog to be styled in the same way as your Magento store. I'm still only scratching the surface of the features but I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking to integrate Magento and Wordpress. Oh yes, and Ben is a legend :o)
- RickyExcellent extension, really a good job, I work both with Wordpress and Magento since years and this plugin is really helpful, you can have every thing you need, team give also supports efficently.
Thanks you very much!
- AndyI have been working with WordPress for several years and only recently started using Magento for proper full functioning e-commerce sites and found this WordPress Extension by Ben and can't recommend this highly enough!
Who's this extension for?
If you want to get a new or existing WordPress set up running and most importantly integrated within Magento so you can pull blog posts into Magento easily, auto link to blog posts from within Magento categories / products.
Also just to reiterate, Ben's support is first class and that's even for this free extension.
- DrewHighly recommend FishPig! Awesome support - I recently purchased a FishPig extension and it was installed in less then 24hrs! Thank you! Best Wordpress integration out there.
- Brian N.Excellent Magento extension! Highly recommend Fishpig extensions to anyone with a Magento site. Thank you for such great work and making it available to the Magento community.
- AngelaPeace of mind! Thank you so much!
- VikasGreat Extension, worked without any problem. It was very easy to setup with the help of installation document.
Thanks a lot for providing as awesome extension to community.
- Tom ArnstInsatlled this on Magento 1.7 and must say it's a very well made plugin. Small minus is ... we have a dual language site and I can't seem to get the Polylang wordpress plugin hook into FishPig.
- AdamThis is exactly what we needed to integrate our blog with our store. Thank you so much fro providing such an awesome extension free!
- PieterThe plugin works great and the implementation is fast and easy.
The support from Ben was great !
- LindThis is the second time I have worked with Fishpig in order to intergrate my blog. I run a multi-store set up and each store features it's own blog.
The service from initial contact through to implementation has been excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending the products or the installation services _ thanks again!
- Mike GriffithsI had FishPig install this extension for me, must say the support and responses were very swift and excellent. Further support after installation has been just the same, blummin excellent! Thanks guys!
- JewelAmazing! Saved me a lot of pain and looks beautiful. Thanks Ben for helping me out to set it up so quickly!
- RahulAwesome extension. Excellent Work has been done by the developers. Thank you Guys :)
- RashmiThis is an excellent extension which integrates two powerful solutions - Magento and Wordpress. The installation and setup was a cake walk. The tips that are provided while set up is extremely useful. Thank you Fishpig team!
- fischoI love it! Integrates A-State-Of-The-Art Magento Store with one of the most usefull opensource project - Wordpress. Also support of this extension is super :)
- DavidSaved me alot of programming. I liked how it is fully integrated into magento. No extra css or extra coding required. However, it is missing is a unified search form and reply to previous comments. There are workarounds and It took me around an hour to get everything working. Thanks fishpig for providing all this free!
- SimonThis is a truly great extension. I can hardly believe it's free! Excellent work guys. Many thanks indeed
- GavinIs there a way to use the no index follow function in the taxonomy section of yoast with this extension?
- TulioJust installed this extension on my Magento Store and everything worked pretty well.
Using Magento 1.5.1 and WordPress 3.4.1, the installation was very quick and easy, and the integration is awsome.
Very good extension, very good work.
- King RosalesGoosebumps. I know so many e-commerce sites out there that have a wordpress blog installed on a sub domain, link to a different URL all together and for those lucky enough to have it installed in a sub directory they still have to take the time to configure their blog to have the same look and feel of their store. This is a true time saver and I couldn't be more impressed. Bravo Fishpig!
- AnthonyThe WordPress integration is core to our ecommerce site and the best way we can think of to add value to our site and best support our customers through informative posts.
- DanIf you are looking for a WordPress Integration that works with Magento. I would highly recomend this extension, big time saver.
To top it off the support is excellent !!!!!!
- Dan AdamsThis mod has much more than just presenting your blog through your magento store. The ability to reference posts to certain products is an amazing feature that isn't highly publicized.
- tazgalsinhcouldn't recommended this module enough. Paid for the installation option and was done on the same day, great work Ben at fishpig.
Check out my integration at www.sweetswholesale.co.uk
- My NC SEOThese guys are the BEST!!! We had a minor issue that they went well out of their way to resolve and did so quickly and in a professional manner.
Thanks from the staff of Sea Witch Antiques!
- faroqueGreat extension - please install WordPress first then install the extension.
Thanks to Fishpig :)
- rotozukPlugin works great! I did the little fix to get the 'Share This' plug in working. Very pleased.
- jewelsitethank you-excellent extensions!!!
- nurantoGreat indeed... A configuration field 'Enable/Disable' per store, and it will be perfect... :)
- KeerthiKiranSuperb extension. I dont find any difficulty while installation. Awesome
- brandammoExcellent extension. The best solution to Magento/Wordpress integration we have tried. Brilliant extension and great customer support. Highly recommended!
- bdpshopI have installed an use the wordpress integration and love its features. My store is complete with this seemless link between my blog and magento store. After having unrelated issues to thier module, the Fishpig crew helped provide support to get my product page looking great. Thanks again for the speedy and excellent service!
- mattswebAwesome! I'm very much a beginner stumbling around Magento but was able to follow all the installation instructions with no problems at all. New blog is up and running!
- gloopyThis is one brilliant free bit of kit, I also opted to get a bit of custom work done by fishpig and Ben is an absolute gem to be doing it.
will be getting some more custome work done by fishpig.
Highly Recommended and i would recommend anyone to pay a little bit and get it installed and customised by them.
- ascensionmediaBrilliant mod! Thankyou. Thinking about contact you for some custom work.
- ammonleeWorks great so far. I love the theme integration. I had to make a few tweaks to get it to work. Just trying to figure out how to add a dotted line separator between each post. Any ideas?
- glossyx1Thanks, the new version 2.1.19 works great.
- igor figueiredoPerfect! Its work
Perfeito ! Isso funciona mesmo.
- elvarFishpig apps are one of the best looking code... easy to follow and modify. Integration is done very logical, even upgrades are smooth. Thanks... please create a section for donations to you
- boliviabJust installed and it was pretty easy to get up and running
- ircsomeGood work. Excellent support for some setup problems I was having. Thanks.
- alestoThank u so much! it works for me!
- DirkStGreat plugin. Thanks!
2 hints for full integration:
1. if you use the "Rico Neitzel VertNav" Extension and you will hide the left sidebar
- G76Great extension & works well for me using 1.6.2!
Received swift support during the weekend; am very impressed Fishpig team! Thanks!
- Sugarloafworked a treat thanks !
- chrismmmmmGreat Extension - ! - everything works so seamlessly within magento -we are running a multistore setup and went ahead with the paid support/installation help and the support staff was very quick
- joeproThis is a remarkable extention. Your tutorials are very helpful. Thank you for saving my time and efforts.
I'm going to test this with some permalinks
Integrating Magento and a WordPress Blog
Before installing WordPress Integration, it is vital that if you are using the Magento Compiler, you disable this. After the installation is complete, you can go back to the Compiler and re-compile to carry on using this.
The best way to install WordPress Integration is to install it using Magento Connect and your Magento Downloader. You can find the Magento Downloader key for the extension here.
If you do not have access to your Magento Downloader, you can download the extension using the link above. Once you have the .tgz file, extract the files and merge with them with your Magento site using FTP/SFTP. You can ignore the file named package.xml as this isn't required for the extension.
After installation, if you are logged into your Magento Admin you will need to log out and log back in again. It is also recommended that you fully refresh the Magento cache.
If you don't already have WordPress installed, you can find detailed installation instructions here. It is recommended that you install WordPress in a sub-directory of Magento that does not match the sub-directory that you want your blog to be accessible from. For example, if you want your blog to be viewable on http://www.yourmagento.com/blog, do not install WordPress in a sub-directory named blog. For this reason it is recommended that you install WordPress in a sub-directory named wp.
If you have already installed WordPress in the directory that you want WordPress to be accessible from you will need to move the installation. You can find instructions on how to do that here.
Configuring Magento to connect to your WordPress database is quite straight forward and takes only a few minutes. First login to the Magento Admin and select WordPress > Settings > Setup from the top navigation and fill out the form inside the Database and Integration sections.
Connecting to the WordPress Database
In the section labelled 'Database', fill out the information for your WordPress database. If you are unsure of any of this information, you can find it in the wp-config.php file, which is in the root of your WordPress installation. You will need to access this file using FTP.
Configuring the Integration
There are currently 2 levels of integration offered by the extension: full integration and semi integration. When set to full integration, Magento will display your WordPress blog using the Magento theme and will completely take over responsibility for the frontend of your WordPress blog. When set to semi-integration, Magento will have access to your WordPress database but will do nothing with the data. You will then be free to make use of the data as you wish and display it where you need on your Magento store.
If you choose full integration (most people do), you will see an extra field appear: blog route. In the blog route field, enter the sub-directory that you want your WordPress blog to be visible on. Assuming you want your blog to be visible on http://www.yourmagento.com/blog, you would enter 'blog in this field. What ever you enter in this field (only alphanumeric characters and hyphens allowed) will be appended to your Magento URL and will be used as your blog home page URL.
After setting your blog route you will need to update your Home URL in WordPress. This informs WordPress that you will be displaying the frontend of your blog via another application and that WordPress shouldn't try to display it as well. This is a vital step as without it, your blog would be available in 2 different locations. To do this, login to your WordPress Admin and select Settings > General. Find the field labelled 'Site Address (URL)' and enter your Magento URL and your blog route.
The final field in the Integration section is the Path to WordPress field. In here, enter a relative path to your WordPress installation. If you installed WordPress in a sub-directory of Magento, enter the name of that sub-directory here.
Confirming It's Worked
You should now have an integrated WordPress blog in your Magento eCommerce store. If you do, check out the Magento Extensions available to help enhance your blog.
If things didn't go so well you can always get in touch and we can do our best to help. We also offer a WordPress Integration Setup Service that will ensure the extension is setup correctly and also include free blog optimisation and the installation of multiple supported plugins.
You can see Magento WordPress Integration live in action at any of the following URL's:
If you use this extension and want your site listed here, get in touch!