When installed, WordPress Customer Synchronisation allows your customers to post and manage blog comments using their Magento customer account. What makes this so great, you ask? Well, it's our opinion that forcing your customer to have two separate accounts for your website will adversely affect your conversion rates. We think this because:
- Customers are likely to forget details to one of their accounts. If they have different details for both accounts, there is an increased risk of confusion as the customer could try to login to Magento with their WordPress account details. If the user is trying to login to Magento to make a purchase, there is a massively increased probability that the customer will not make the purchase.
- Forcing your customer to use two separate accounts makes your site look disjointed and lacks professionalism. This could lower users trust in your site and convince them to purchase from your competitors instead.
All of the above can be instantly fixed by purchasing and installing FishPig's WordPress Integration!
How it Works
A lot of people have been wondering exactly how Customer Synchronisation works so as a result, we have compiled this article to help answer some of those questions.
Firstly, understand that when you install the extension, all of your WordPress users won't suddenly appear in your Magento database as customers. While this would be great, WordPress encyrpts user password using a one way hashing system and because of this, it is impossible to decrypt the password and encrypt it using Magento's password hashing system. To get around this problem, we came up with the following solution...
Synchronisation occurs at several stages during a customers time on the site but the key sync occurs when a visitor comes to your site and tries to login. First, the extension will check whether the details entered belong to a valid Magento customer. If a valid Magento customer account can be retrieved using the customers details, they are logged in as normal. If a Magento account cannot be found, the extension will check whether a WordPress user account can be found. If a WordPress user account can be retrieved from the WordPress database, a new Magento customer account will be created using the WordPress user details. This is possible because the extension has access to the users decrypted password and can encrypt it using Magento's password hashing system.
There are several other times when synchronisation occurs (when a user creates an account, resets their password, updates their account etc) and each time follows a process similar to the one outlined above. All of the synchronisation is completely transparent and the customer will be completely unaware of what is happening.
Have Your Say...
If you have used Customer Synchronisation and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review below.
- MaximilianAt first the plugin was not working for me. But after I contacted customer support, Ben was super helpful getting the extension to do what I wanted it to do and what it's supposed to do.
Amazing customer service! Thanks Ben!
- AlbertWorks perfectly!
- Shawn JWorks great! What more can I say, Thank Fishpig.
- Jordi BujWorked flawlessly on first install. A perfect companion for the great Wordpress Integration module.
- LindaWorks like a dream. We installed it ourselves, problem free. Had a different hitch with wordpress so uninstalled, this extension first, then the wordpress integration extension (order is important), fixed our problem and re installed all. Again problem free.
- MarselWorks perfectly. I recommend the Customer Synchronization to all wordpress/magento users.
Thanks for the amazing support that followed the extension purchase.
You guys are awesome.
- Tel ForbesI think the extension is really good but I would like it if it worked in semi-integration mode as well as full integration
- John JLTThis extension has doubled the amount of legitimate comments I get, which is great. I think this is because customers can now manage their comments via their Magento customer account and can track replies.
Great job again FishPig. Please sign me up for your mailing list!
- Dan AdamsI had FishPig install this mod for me with some other stuff and it works flawlessly. Support helped me through any issue I ran into... even it if was my own fault.
- Five5Works no problem. Thanks FishPig.
- elvarI am using the SplashPage and Wordpress plugin. I am amazed what you can do with those two apps - convert you Magento to compete CMS driven shop.
Finally I have considered to make a donation but instead I bought this sync app.
And I am again surprised. I did not expected to have additional blocks in customer area which there is. I expected only to have customer sync but with this Magento is definitive now fully CMS and social driven shop... Wow!
Integrate a multi-blog WordPress installation into your multi-store Magento eCommerce website with this extension.£49.99
Remove /blog/ from your integrated blog URL's and replace the Magento CMS pages with WordPress pages.£49.99
Use custom post types and custom taxonomies on your integrated WordPress blog in Magento and create a really usable blog experience for your customer.£49.99
Improve your blog posts using the WordPress plugin Advanced Custom Fields on your integrated Magento blog.£49.99
Seamless Magento and WordPress customer synchronisation that provides a single sign-on experience for your users.£49.99
Add contact forms into your blog posts for better customer conversion and start using your blog to generate customer leads.£49.99
Integrate your Magento and WordPress blog search results.£49.99
Allows WordPress Integration to function on Magento CE 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124£49.99
Use the official Facebook plugin for WordPress in your Magento integrated blog£49.99
Add a fancy author box to the bottom of your blog posts.£49.99
Add ReCaptcha to your integrated blog comments form and say goodbye to spam.£49.99
Promote positive discussion on your integrated WordPress blog articles with Disqus comments.£49.99