Magento Blog Extension
WordPress Integration for Magento eCommerce is a free Magento extension that works with Magento Community and Magento Enterprise. The aim behind the extension has always been to create an easy to install extension (no core file modifications) that mimics the functionality of WordPress while being fully integrated into Magento and the Magento theme.
- Free to use and easy to install/upgrade via Magento Connect.
- Full integration of WordPress into your Magento theme. This means you don't have to skin WordPress to look like Magento and when your customer hits your blog, they don't leave Magento.
- Use popular WordPress plugins like WordPress SEO, Add This, Yarpp, Google XML Sitemaps, NextGEN Gallery, Contact Form 7 and many more.
- Use the default WordPress shortcodes and even some custom shortcodes only available with this extension.
- Associate your blog posts to Magento products, categories and pages and display these associations on your store.
- Automatically login to the WordPress Admin using the extension's 1-click login functionality.
Have Your Say...
If you have used Magento WordPress Integration and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review by clicking here.
- KonradMany of my customers use and like Wordpress, while Magento scares the life out of them... Now I have a perfect way to connect both worlds - powerful ecommerce and easy, friendly CMS. Bought some extensions, too - will be back for more soon! I will be suggesting Fishpig Wordpress integration to all my existing and future customers. Thank you for this amazing component!
- JerryAmazing, amazing component! I've installed the multi-site integration and with the help of Ben, have the ability to totally customize the look of every site. Such a great tool for publishing content on your website!
- ScottThis is has been a life saver for me and having Ben do the install and config saved me loads of time. Thanks heaps Ben, great extension and great service!
- JasonThis extension does exactly what it claims. What's more, Ben the developer cares and actually goes out of his way to help... and that is not easy to come by these days.
- MicheleFast and seamless integration, works well, looks good and allows me to fully integrate a blog into my store. Even still, more blogs. Certainly a plus, can't but recommend this extension.
- Stephanie D.Great extension, this was a painless install with clear, easy to follow instructions, was up and running in under an hour. even with having to install manually (our Magento installation is managed with git).
- rolandatsHello I am running a multilingual store (community version) I did set up the first WordPress integration as a single store myself and following Bens excellent tutorial I had no Problems doing so.
I did however had problems with the Multistore extension doing it myself, since I am relatively new to Magento as well as WordPress that came as no surprise.
I opted for the installation service and Ben did a excellent job, not only did he install the integration but also put a working blog for each of the languages I am using in the store as well as fixing all .htaccess and RSS related Problems (which I caused myself)
Being a professional (System Administrator) since the beginnings of computers (Yup I am a Dinosaur) myself and am used to support I can only say that he surely belongs to the pleasant experiences I had.
- AKCSuper pumped on this extension! It took a couple times of installing and re-installing, but that was my fault. I haven't done a manual WP install in a long time. The instructions were good and if followed, this thing works like a breeze.
I have paid lots of money for extensions that are not half this good. Thanks for providing us with this awesome extension!
- piyushGreat Extension, worked without any problem. It was very easy to setup with the help of installation document.
- NatalieInstallation was a little challenging, but the support from Fishbig was VERY fast and on target!!! So expect the following: this extension is only for blogging. All other pages in the web template do not work. You must use template Twenty Twelve for extension to work. The look and feel of the blog will take on the look and feel of your Magento site.
- VinodInstall the extension on magento and integrated with wordpress. In the beginning faced minor issues but developer was so kind and solved the issues in no time.
Thank you so much for such a great extension
- Robert - NorwayThis plugin really does the job of integrating Magento and Wordpress. Its easy to configure, and allows you to jump seamlessly from Magento admin to Wordpress admin (save your login). I really recommend this plugin, and Fishpig is amazing on support. We had some issues due to our complicated setup, and Fishpig delivered fast and hassle free support.
- AnjuIts an awesome extension, makes wordpress integration into magento very easy. I really appreciate Ben's support even it is a free extension.
- Alistair Fletcher | eCommerceITI've installed this onto a number of Magento installations and the process has been pain-free. Its well written and very customisable once you've read the online documentation and saves hours of work if you want your Wordpress blog to be styled in the same way as your Magento store. I'm still only scratching the surface of the features but I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking to integrate Magento and Wordpress. Oh yes, and Ben is a legend :o)
- RickyExcellent extension, really a good job, I work both with Wordpress and Magento since years and this plugin is really helpful, you can have every thing you need, team give also supports efficently.
Thanks you very much!
- AndyI have been working with WordPress for several years and only recently started using Magento for proper full functioning e-commerce sites and found this WordPress Extension by Ben and can't recommend this highly enough!
Who's this extension for?
If you want to get a new or existing WordPress set up running and most importantly integrated within Magento so you can pull blog posts into Magento easily, auto link to blog posts from within Magento categories / products.
Also just to reiterate, Ben's support is first class and that's even for this free extension.
- DrewHighly recommend FishPig! Awesome support - I recently purchased a FishPig extension and it was installed in less then 24hrs! Thank you! Best Wordpress integration out there.
- Brian N.Excellent Magento extension! Highly recommend Fishpig extensions to anyone with a Magento site. Thank you for such great work and making it available to the Magento community.
- AngelaPeace of mind! Thank you so much!
- VikasGreat Extension, worked without any problem. It was very easy to setup with the help of installation document.
Thanks a lot for providing as awesome extension to community.
- Tom ArnstInsatlled this on Magento 1.7 and must say it's a very well made plugin. Small minus is ... we have a dual language site and I can't seem to get the Polylang wordpress plugin hook into FishPig.
- AdamThis is exactly what we needed to integrate our blog with our store. Thank you so much fro providing such an awesome extension free!
- PieterThe plugin works great and the implementation is fast and easy.
The support from Ben was great !
- LindThis is the second time I have worked with Fishpig in order to intergrate my blog. I run a multi-store set up and each store features it's own blog.
The service from initial contact through to implementation has been excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending the products or the installation services _ thanks again!
- Mike GriffithsI had FishPig install this extension for me, must say the support and responses were very swift and excellent. Further support after installation has been just the same, blummin excellent! Thanks guys!
- JewelAmazing! Saved me a lot of pain and looks beautiful. Thanks Ben for helping me out to set it up so quickly!
- RahulAwesome extension. Excellent Work has been done by the developers. Thank you Guys :)
- RashmiThis is an excellent extension which integrates two powerful solutions - Magento and Wordpress. The installation and setup was a cake walk. The tips that are provided while set up is extremely useful. Thank you Fishpig team!
- fischoI love it! Integrates A-State-Of-The-Art Magento Store with one of the most usefull opensource project - Wordpress. Also support of this extension is super :)
- DavidSaved me alot of programming. I liked how it is fully integrated into magento. No extra css or extra coding required. However, it is missing is a unified search form and reply to previous comments. There are workarounds and It took me around an hour to get everything working. Thanks fishpig for providing all this free!
- SimonThis is a truly great extension. I can hardly believe it's free! Excellent work guys. Many thanks indeed
- GavinIs there a way to use the no index follow function in the taxonomy section of yoast with this extension?
- TulioJust installed this extension on my Magento Store and everything worked pretty well.
Using Magento 1.5.1 and WordPress 3.4.1, the installation was very quick and easy, and the integration is awsome.
Very good extension, very good work.
- King RosalesGoosebumps. I know so many e-commerce sites out there that have a wordpress blog installed on a sub domain, link to a different URL all together and for those lucky enough to have it installed in a sub directory they still have to take the time to configure their blog to have the same look and feel of their store. This is a true time saver and I couldn't be more impressed. Bravo Fishpig!
- AnthonyThe WordPress integration is core to our ecommerce site and the best way we can think of to add value to our site and best support our customers through informative posts.
- DanIf you are looking for a WordPress Integration that works with Magento. I would highly recomend this extension, big time saver.
To top it off the support is excellent !!!!!!
- Dan AdamsThis mod has much more than just presenting your blog through your magento store. The ability to reference posts to certain products is an amazing feature that isn't highly publicized.
- tazgalsinhcouldn't recommended this module enough. Paid for the installation option and was done on the same day, great work Ben at fishpig.
Check out my integration at www.sweetswholesale.co.uk
- My NC SEOThese guys are the BEST!!! We had a minor issue that they went well out of their way to resolve and did so quickly and in a professional manner.
Thanks from the staff of Sea Witch Antiques!
- faroqueGreat extension - please install WordPress first then install the extension.
Thanks to Fishpig :)
- rotozukPlugin works great! I did the little fix to get the 'Share This' plug in working. Very pleased.
- jewelsitethank you-excellent extensions!!!
- nurantoGreat indeed... A configuration field 'Enable/Disable' per store, and it will be perfect... :)
- KeerthiKiranSuperb extension. I dont find any difficulty while installation. Awesome
- brandammoExcellent extension. The best solution to Magento/Wordpress integration we have tried. Brilliant extension and great customer support. Highly recommended!
- bdpshopI have installed an use the wordpress integration and love its features. My store is complete with this seemless link between my blog and magento store. After having unrelated issues to thier module, the Fishpig crew helped provide support to get my product page looking great. Thanks again for the speedy and excellent service!
- mattswebAwesome! I'm very much a beginner stumbling around Magento but was able to follow all the installation instructions with no problems at all. New blog is up and running!
- gloopyThis is one brilliant free bit of kit, I also opted to get a bit of custom work done by fishpig and Ben is an absolute gem to be doing it.
will be getting some more custome work done by fishpig.
Highly Recommended and i would recommend anyone to pay a little bit and get it installed and customised by them.
- ascensionmediaBrilliant mod! Thankyou. Thinking about contact you for some custom work.
- ammonleeWorks great so far. I love the theme integration. I had to make a few tweaks to get it to work. Just trying to figure out how to add a dotted line separator between each post. Any ideas?
- glossyx1Thanks, the new version 2.1.19 works great.
- igor figueiredoPerfect! Its work
Perfeito ! Isso funciona mesmo.
- elvarFishpig apps are one of the best looking code... easy to follow and modify. Integration is done very logical, even upgrades are smooth. Thanks... please create a section for donations to you
- boliviabJust installed and it was pretty easy to get up and running
- ircsomeGood work. Excellent support for some setup problems I was having. Thanks.
- alestoThank u so much! it works for me!
- DirkStGreat plugin. Thanks!
2 hints for full integration:
1. if you use the "Rico Neitzel VertNav" Extension and you will hide the left sidebar
- G76Great extension & works well for me using 1.6.2!
Received swift support during the weekend; am very impressed Fishpig team! Thanks!
- Sugarloafworked a treat thanks !
- chrismmmmmGreat Extension - ! - everything works so seamlessly within magento -we are running a multistore setup and went ahead with the paid support/installation help and the support staff was very quick
- joeproThis is a remarkable extention. Your tutorials are very helpful. Thank you for saving my time and efforts.
I'm going to test this with some permalinks
Integrating Magento and a WordPress Blog
Before installing WordPress Integration, it is vital that if you are using the Magento Compiler, you disable this. After the installation is complete, you can go back to the Compiler and re-compile to carry on using this.
The best way to install WordPress Integration is to install it using Magento Connect and your Magento Downloader. You can find the Magento Downloader key for the extension here.
If you do not have access to your Magento Downloader, you can download the extension using the link above. Once you have the .tgz file, extract the files and merge with them with your Magento site using FTP/SFTP. You can ignore the file named package.xml as this isn't required for the extension.
After installation, if you are logged into your Magento Admin you will need to log out and log back in again. It is also recommended that you fully refresh the Magento cache.
If you don't already have WordPress installed, you can find detailed installation instructions here. It is recommended that you install WordPress in a sub-directory of Magento that does not match the sub-directory that you want your blog to be accessible from. For example, if you want your blog to be viewable on http://www.yourmagento.com/blog, do not install WordPress in a sub-directory named blog. For this reason it is recommended that you install WordPress in a sub-directory named wp.
If you have already installed WordPress in the directory that you want WordPress to be accessible from you will need to move the installation. You can find instructions on how to do that here.
Configuring Magento to connect to your WordPress database is quite straight forward and takes only a few minutes. First login to the Magento Admin and select WordPress > Settings from the top navigation and fill out the form inside the Database and Integration sections.
Connecting to the WordPress Database
In the section labelled 'Database', fill out the information for your WordPress database. If you are unsure of any of this information, you can find it in the wp-config.php file, which is in the root of your WordPress installation. You will need to access this file using FTP.
Configuring the Integration
The first setting in this section determines whether or not to integrate WordPress into your Magento theme (aka. full integration). This is the most popular option and will display your blog using your Magento theme.
If you choose integrate themes (most people do), you will see an extra field appear: blog route. In the blog route field, enter the sub-directory that you want your WordPress blog to be visible on. Assuming you want your blog to be visible on http://www.yourmagento.com/blog, you would enter 'blog in this field. What ever you enter in this field (only alphanumeric characters and hyphens allowed) will be appended to your Magento URL and will be used as your blog home page URL.
After setting your blog route you will need to update your Home URL in WordPress. This informs WordPress that you will be displaying the frontend of your blog via another application and that WordPress shouldn't try to display it as well. This is a vital step as without it, your blog would be available in 2 different locations. To do this, login to your WordPress Admin and select Settings > General. Find the field labelled 'Site Address (URL)' and enter your Magento URL and your blog route.
The final field in the Integration section is the Path to WordPress field. In here, enter a relative path to your WordPress installation. If you installed WordPress in a sub-directory of Magento, enter the name of that sub-directory here.
Confirming It's Worked
You should now have an integrated WordPress blog in your Magento eCommerce store. If you do, check out the Magento Extensions available to help enhance your blog.
If things didn't go so well you can always get in touch and we can do our best to help. We also offer a WordPress Integration Setup Service that will ensure the extension is setup correctly and also include free blog optimisation and the installation of multiple supported plugins.
You can see Magento WordPress Integration live in action at any of the following URL's:
If you use this extension and want your site listed here, get in touch!