Minify Js, CSS and HTML in Magento
Making a website faster has always been high on any web developer or site administrator's list of things to do. A faster site means a better customer experience, which brings better profits and these days, a better Google ranking. To help our clients achieve this, we decided to build Opti.
Speed up the Magento Admin
Have Your Say...
If you have used Opti and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review below.
- JasonOpti just works. Install it, refresh your cache and your files will be at their smallest possible size. You can then sit back and enjoy having a faster site.
- DaveWorks great out of the box.
- Ricky Banks - Apex SuppliesI had a few problems with installation as there was another extension using the same files but Ben helped me and we had everything up and running within an hour. Great service and a very non-intrusive extension.
- TomSo easy to install - 2 seconds to setup. Pageload time is faster on the frontend AND backend which is so nice.
- TimAn invisible and invaluable plugin. The source code is compressed and running smoothly. I use Amazon's CloudFront CDN along with Bolt, Opti and SmushIt all work well together.
- andyI installed Opti onto my Magento store and was very happy with the results. Ben is also a top bloke - I have fired various questions over to him and he's been very responsive to answers. The "grouping" functionality is very good and I'm steadily going through all of my JS files to try and combine as many as I can.
- Sean LiBen has been the most amazing developer we've ever worked with. He is extremely responsive from beginning to end (even while on vacation!). This extension on top of Bolt has shown some incredible results. The default Magento Minify and Combine JSS/CS are just broken beyond belief (we're on 126.96.36.199) but Opti has done what no other extensions we've tested with can. Ben even went out of his way to work with our CDN to implement MaxCDN solutions to work with Opti. He really goes above and beyond with customer service.
Honestly, just buy it, see what it does to your site and you'll be a believer. You can webpagetest.org our site at www.xenonsupply.com to see the results for yourself.
- AlexUsing Opti to minify and combine .js and .css files, which reduces pages load time. Opti worked right out of the box without conflicts and special configuration with many other Magento extensions installed in the store. Had some questions about its functions and author quickly answered to them. Also I recommend this extension because it includes free updates for life!
- NickBought Opti while purchasing Bolt. Not quite sure if we needed it but have worked with Ben and Fishpig several times before and have always been pleased with their solutions and service. Wanted to be able to address our site speed with one vendor. Site noticeably faster with Bolt/Opti extensions.
- Shawn JI am using OPTI as well as BOLT, and both these plugins have increased the speed of our website tremendously. The performance of this plugin is incredible, and FIshpig has the best support!
- Dan FI'm using Opti in combination with FishPig's other extensions Bolt and Smush.it. The combination of these three extensions has dramatically increased my site speed and usability. FIshPig has been great to work with also and very responsive to any questions.
- abeI love minify code and never get an extension to do this well. Opti is easy to use and install and makes a difference for me. My site is faster and it only took 5 mins to make it so
- MarkAfter requesting dynamic block caching, Ben kindly added this in for me. I prefer this to full page caching as it means I can only cache the blocks that affect performance and still include dynamic blocks on every page.
The extension was easy to install and my site was noticeably faster instantly,
- MoSimple extension but great results. Thanks piggy!
- WoodFloors!We supply hard wood flooring at (-link-removed-) and stock 1000's of different floor styles. This extension allowed us to keep growing our site without increasing our server resources and was easy to install.
- Jon S LewisThis fabulous extension has improved my site's response time and decreased page load time by a factor of 3!
This will have a great affect on my conversaion rate and organic search engine positioning
- rasmusopti is nice and easy to install and my site is faster
- StevenAnother useful extension from Fishpig that does exactly what it says on the tin! My site is on shared hosting and was thinking of moving to a VPS but now I dont have to
A configuration option has been added that will enable minifying inline CSS. When enabled, any style tags on your site will be minified. This option comes enabled by default.
The minified JS and CSS file names have been changed to a hash of file related data which includes the time the file was last edited. This means that each time you update a CSS or JS file, the cached version will automatically be recreated. With this feature, you no longer have to manually clear the cached files each time you make a change.
Added ability to minify hardcoded JS and CSS files (default=On)
Updated minify library
Improved CSS minification
Removed a few bytes from merged JS files
Added Mage_Newsletter to cacheable modules list
Added store ID to merged JS filenames
Fixed bug that triggered log entry when JS content was empty
Fixed a bug that broke some URLs when minifying CSS files
Added custom JS merging system to Admin
Improved file structure
Improved HTML minification time
Fixed issue that stops minification when compiler is enabled
Fixed broken JS issue when filename has a '?' in it
Added compression of skin JS files
Added better error checking for extremely broken JS
Fixed mobile theme CSS bug
Fixed issue that sometimes stopped CDATA tags being added when required
Moved secure CSS files to css_secure directory
Added Cdata tags into inline JS files that require it
Added ?___refresh=opti functionality back in
Added minification library files
Fixed issue when bg images in CSS files started with /
Added protection to textarea's
Simplified module selector
Stopped compressing non-html responses. This fixes an issue that caused XML files that were dynamically generated by Magento to be minified.