Magento - Shop by Brand
There are several Magento extensions that offer shop by brand functionality, which is a great feature for any eCommerce site. What most people don't realise is that Attribute Splash Pages is a Shop-By-Brand extension with a key difference. While most extensions allow you to choose your brand attribute and then shop by that, Attribute Splash Pages allows you to shop by any attribute you have and doesn't limit you to just 1! Using Attribute Splash Pages you can have shop by brand, shop by colour or shop by any attribute you create in your Magento eCommerce store.
Have Your Say...
If you have used Attribute Splash Pages and want to share your opinion, you can leave a review by clicking here.
- Raphaël.If you want to create pages for any manufacturer or any other attribute, took it directly !
A big thanks to the support, Ben, a really good developer always there to help.
5 stars because I can not put more!
- MarcThe extension is very awesome and works fine. I first had one issue and got an exception, but then I found the github account which already fixed the issue and after I updated the code, everything was working.
- SEO RockstarGreat module for adding SEO pages to your Magento website
- HillyAmazing extension. Works perefectly on my 188.8.131.52 install. Does the same if not more than similar paid extensions. Can't recommend highly enough. Cheers mate.
- ews.tomExcellent extension - works flawlessly out of the box and is so intuitive. The developer was very helpful and lightning quick in coming back to me about a custom install - highly recommended. Thankyou Fishpig!
- nadshezGreat extension. But what is greater is the support from the developer!
- Ignite A ByteEverything works FLAWLESSLY! Thank you for all your hard work!
- dmibauThis module is really great, thanks for your work. Magento should have this fuctionality in the core. :)
- rrroulioit works perfectly on 1.5.01. Install it. relogin to admin, go to catalog & splash pages and add a splash page. beautiful ajax effect!
- llcljThis works great. Not sure exactly where I will use it yet, but it seems like something I need!
- Fe1exAn excellent solution that helps a lot with SEO purposes. I've made few pages that cannot ba made with core magento functionality and do SEO links for them.
Feedback is very fast and helps very much with my questions.
- Jeffrey2This is the best free extension that I've come across in a long time. Now I don't need to buy a manufacturer/brands module, this can handle that and much more.
- WiND1Thxx Fishpig, great extention. Just what I needed to make good landingspages.
- mprothGreat, Great add-on. Thank you so much for this.
Attribute Splash Pages is a completely free extension and can be installed automatically via Magento Connect. To do this, click here to get the extension key. You can then use this to automatically install the extension via your Magento Downloader.
To install the extension manually, use the link above to download the extension files and merge them with your site using FTP/SFTP.
After installing the extension, ensure that you refresh your Magento cache and log out and log back in to your Magento Admin to complete the process.
Loading a Splash Page model is quite easy and there are many different ways to accomplish it. The following code illustrates 2 methods to load a Splash Page and then shows how to retrieve a collection of products that belong to the Splash Page.
<?php //Load a Splash Page by it's ID $splashPage = Mage::getModel('attributeSplash/page')->load($splashPageId); // Load a Splash Page by an option ID $splashPage = Mage::getModel('attributeSplash/page')->loadByOptionId($optionId); // Retrieve a collection of products $productCollection = $splashPage->getProductCollection() ?>
You can also load a Splash Page for a particular product and attribute code. This is useful to add a link to the Splash Page on the product page.
<?php // Load a Splash Page for the product's value in the brand attribute $splashPage = Mage::helper('attributeSplash')->getProductSplashPage($_product, 'brand'); ?> <?php if ($splashPage !== false): ?> <a href="<?php echo $splashPage->getUrl() ?>"> <span><?php echo $_product->getAttributeText('brand') ?></span> </a> <?php endif; ?>
It's sometimes useful to get a list of all Splash Page's for a certain attribute. As an example, you may want to list all brands to create a brand navigation.
<?php $splashGroup = Mage::getModel('attributeSplash/group')->load($splashGroupId) ?> <?php if ($splashGroup->getId()): ?> <?php $splashHelper = Mage::helper('attributeSplash/image') ?> <?php $splashPages = $splashGroup->getSplashPages() ?> <?php if (count($splashPages) > 0): ?> <ul> <?php foreach($splashPages as $splashPage): ?> <?php $splashHelper->init($splashPage, 'thumbnail') ?> <li class="item"> <a href="<?php echo $splashPage->getUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $this->escapeHtml($splashPage->getName()) ?>"> <img src="<?php echo $splashHelper->resize(100, 100) ?>" alt="<?php echo $this->escapeHtml($splashPage->getName()) ?>" /> </a> </li> <?php endforeach; ?> </ul> <?php endif; ?> <?php endif; ?>